Doug Haslam

Gischeleman: "To Create With the Mind"

By

Veni, Vidi, Voce (I have Joined Voce Communications)

Today, I am very happy to announce that I have joined Voce Communications- specifically, I am with the Voce Connect business group, working on social media programs for a number of their big-ticket clients.

Friends who have followed my job search know that I was looking for something that more explicitly draws on the social media experience I have acquired over the last five years or so, and Voce provides me the opportunity to put that knowledge to use and help our clients do the same.

Also important to me is that I won’t feel like the smartest person in the room (i.e. I won’t be a sole “social media expert,” whatever that means). I already feel lucky to be joining some folks who are among those who have led me into the social media space: Mike Manuel, Josh Hallett, and Chris Thilk, and a larger team that I am eager to get to know.

Plus, I am not completely divorcing myself from “traditional” (again, whatever that is) public relations, the industry I have called home for a dozen years. While I am now full-time with social media, Voce has a thriving PR practice that frequently works in concert with the Connect team.

In addition to my continued musings on social media on this blog, I will also contribute posts to Voce Nation, so please watch for me there. In the meantime; as I get settled, some (certain) sources of amusement that I shall surely document on this blog:

• I have become a Mac: friends know I have been a PC user and occasionally like to tweak the Mac folks purely because the devotion to Apple products incites passion. We shall see if I turn into one of those passionistas as I join my colleagues and return to the Mac OS (I was a devoted Mac user in my radio days), or if I continue to resemble John Hodgman while my brain is being rewired.
  • I have set up a home office to be the base of much of my operations, as I re-establish Voce’s beachhead in Boston. Being married with a 12-year old son and a cat provides an endless source of material. I shall do my best to keep it original and entertaining.

Finally, thanks to all– and I do mean everybody– who helped me, in ways both small (not as small as you think) and huge as I worked toward this new phase in my career.

(By the way– Voce Nation’s official blog post is here)

49 Responses to Veni, Vidi, Voce (I have Joined Voce Communications)

1. Todd Defren says:

Congratulations! I am thrilled for you, my friend.

2. David Jones says:

That didn’t take long. I knew it wouldn’t. :)

3. Liz Page says:

Congrats, Doug! They’re lucky to have you! :)

4. Ruth Bazinet says:

Happy to hear this wonderful news. They are very lucky to have you! Congratulations.

5. Congrats! (Ack, though, you aren’t leaving Boston, are you? Strout, Person, Monty…we cannot handle any more of this exodus…)

Best wishes–for everything!

Jen

6. Doug – Congratulations. It was great meeting you at the #140 conference and John Harvards. Excited that you landed such a great position.

Best Wishes,
    Chris

7. Doug,
    You are joining a group that includes only the best of the best. Congrats!

8. Tyson says:

Nice work Doug!

Must be all those effective habits of a social marketer that did the trick… ;-)

9. Congratulations Doug!!

I am very happy for you and @Vocenation is very lucky to have you on board.

Oh, and I thought I was the smartest person in the room? Guess I was sorely mistaken ;)

Can’t wait to celebrate in person.

10. Sounds like a great match. Congratulations!

11. Jim Storer says:

Congrats Doug! As a new mac guy and current home office crank, I can honestly say you’re in for a lot of fun. Well done.

12. Amy Greenlaw says:

Congratulations Doug! You must be so excited!
    Working from the home office does have its challenges and perks.
    Can’t wait to toast you in person.

13. Aaron Strout says:

Doug – not surprised to see you land a new gig so quickly. You’re a valuable asset and it sounds like you’ll be doing stuff that’s right up your alley over at Voce. I look forward to hearing more!

Best,
    Aaron

14. Ted Weismann says:

Congratulations, Doug! What a great opportunity all around.

15. Renee Hopkins says:

Congrats!! I’m so excited for you. :) renee

16. Ann Handley says:

Yippee! Congrats, Doug!!

17. Kellye Crane says:

Wow, the folks at Voce must be very smart indeed to snap you up. Happy to hear you feel you’ve found a good fit for your talents, and we’ll look forward to hearing more about what comes next. Congrats!

18. John Cass says:

Congratulations Doug, its a great fit for you, the folks at Voce are a great team of folks.

19. Keri Singer says:

Congrats Doug on the new opportunity and that next stop along the road to success. Best of luck to you!

20. Congrats, Doug! I wish you all the best in your new role!

21. Fish Fishman says:

Congrats Doug. & way to go Voce. It sounds like the beginnings of a great adventure.

May it be like magic!

Tuna-Fish

22. Congrats Doug! They are lucky! I look forward to hearing more!

/colin

23. Dara Bell says:

Congrats on the post, they have a catch.

Dara

24. Congratulations, Doug! Voce is lucky to have you, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy the new challenges. I look forward to our next TweetUp or #innobeer!

25. Doug Haslam says:

I am overwhelmed by the response. I haven’t thanked you personally yet, I’m gonna try and it’s gonna take time.

Everyone- just know that I am grateful for the support each and everyone has shown and continues to show me.

Doug

26. Scott Monty says:

How did I miss this? Congratulations, Doug! Very glad you found a firm worthy of your brain and time. Doubly glad that you get to write some @hyku and Remember the Thilk. :-)