Pan-Mass Challenge Update: Zingin’ in the Rain
Pan-Mass Challenge bike training continues! Last weekend, I did my first back-to-back rides, important, as the PMC itself is a back-to-back affair, about 80 miles each day for me. Saturday, I did another 30+ mile ride to Walden pond with my friend Keith, while a bigger group, fellow riders Mitch (who dropped out due to constant inner tube failure, a sign of things to come), Stephen and Ed, joined me Sunday for a trip through beautiful Dover, Massachusetts.
As you see from this video (and others), I tend to keep us riders out of it and let you enjoy the scenery through our eyes.
- Training in the pouring rain; it rained hard and steady for most of the ride, but “You only get wet once.”
- Falling and breaking my front derailleur; didn’t get that on tape, but it was as fun as it sounds. I finally forgot that I was wearing cleats and just toppled over when I came to a stop. High comedy.
- Having a “wardrobe malfunction.” Again, not on camera (you’re welcome), though it is mentioned.
- Taking a little wrong turn. That wasn’t so bad, but it’s not a ride with me if we don’t miss something.
- Running out of batteries in my Flip cam. Hey, it happens. Don’t you like sudden endings though?
All in all, a great ride (seriously).