But here’s the problem; what were they doing? In PR, we counsel clients to have consistent messages that leave no doubt who you are and what you stand for. Were the tea parties:
– Libertarian tax protests?
– Conservative protests against Obama?
– A stand against pork-barrel spending and government waste?
– An anti-gay marriage event?
– FOX News sponsored GOP pom-pom waving?
Depending on what you believed, the event was either a success or was muddled by a lack of central messaging.
If you fail to define yourself- or worse, define yourself badly- then others will gladly fill the void.
Were the tea parties a success? Can anyone tell?
Blog readers: I am riding the Pan-Mass Challenge this summer, a 2-day bicycle trek across Massachusetts to raise money for the Jimmy Fund in support of cancer research. Will you join the generous folks who have sponsored my ride? Click any part of this message to go to my fundraising page– and thank you!