Gischeleman: "To Create With the Mind"
Daily Rituals Part 2
For me, it’s walking my son to school. Because of the time of morning, it means I get to work a few minutes later than I otherwise might, but it is one of those non-negotiable parts of most of my mornings; a time for us to calm down, walk with each other, and have 10 or so minutes of father-son time to start our days.
So, right– don;t f**k with our morning walk to school.
After putting out the call, I got lots of great responses about morning rituals:
- “Mine is brewing a fresh pot of Bustelo coffee and · taking my daughter to school. I actually enjoy the morning assembly.” (“DeJongh” on Utterz)
- Great thoughts from Jeremy Cartee on Utterz about disconnect between his morning rituals and those of his boss.
- “Mine is washing my hair. I really hate it when something interposes itself between me and the time I have to wash it.” (Maria Garcia, blog comment)
- “I can gauge things by everyone’s rituals at work” Paisano on Utterz
- “My Rite is the first cup of coffee and webcomics when I first get to the office. I arrive 15min early just to.make sure I have time!” (Neil Simmons on Twitter)
- “coffee and oatmeal every morning. starts the day off right.” (strussel on Twitter)
- “Spending quality time with my wife. My day is incomplete without that.” (Dave Huston on Twitter)
- “Walking my dogs – I used to love walking my daughter to school – she gets married in 2 weeks – my enduring memory the school walk” (Robert Paterson on Twitter)
I love these responses. They’re little glimpses into everyone’s lives and thinking.
What I neglected to ask, though some of you answered for me, is WHY?
What is your daily ritual?
Why is it your ritual?
And what would you do if someone f**ked with it?