Time for another semi-satirical look at Social Media happenings. This week, the Facebook WTF: visitors to the popular social network were reported down in the UK for the first time in January. On top of that, numbers have levelled off, even dipped a bit, in the US. What’s a super-poker to do?
One cannot find a solution without examining the causes. Why did Facebook traffic go down?
- Vampires, zombies and other undead creatures are no longer counted as unique visitors.
- Plaxo scraped their traffic
- Facebook members defected, upset that those meddlesome privacy experts made them scale back Facebook Beacon
- Diane Sawyer of 60 Minutes joined Facebook. It’s just not cool anymore
- The real stampede forthe exits? The “funwall infections of the the heinous Hillary Clinton music videos: