Gischeleman: "To Create With the Mind"
Social Media Top 5: I Can Hasbro? edition
- Steve Jobs’ MacWorld keynote causes a Twitter tsunami that displaces hundreds of thousands.
- I Can Hasbro? The popular Facebook game Scrabulous infringes on the Scrabble copyright. Who knew? OK, everyone knew, but perhaps Mattel/Hasbro missed an opportunity to co-opt a popular knockoff,rather than attack it- just as they missed an opportunity to do it first.
- TV-B-Gone, made (in)famous by Gizmodo at the recent Consumer Electronics Show, spawns a cottage industry:
- Relative-B-Gone; not looking forward to family gatherings? Zap ‘em! Future upgrades will include selectivity in case you want that favorite cool cousin to stick around.
- Troll-B-Gone; someone pestering you on your blog? Zap ‘em! Ok, maybe you can do that already…
- Bullshit-B-Gone; executives/colleagues/people you know spouting buzzwords and insider geek language? Zap ‘em! Make them speak plain English, or whatever language you prefer (Engrish and Pig Latin features coming soon)
- Bush-B-Gone; for yardwork, AND for liberals! Zap ‘em!
- Lenny Kravitz-B-Gone: special edition for me. Never could take his derivative crap music. Zap ‘im!
- PR blogger Jeremy Pepper calls out his brethren for spreading “truthiness,” or “blog truth.” I’m just doing my part with the Top 5 every week. What, you expect us to be journalists or something? It’s not like we have to worry about half-baked blog posts coming back to bite us in the ass when our clients get targeted by bloggers– oh, wait…
- The hunt is on for a 2008 successor to 2007′s “Social Media Starfish” (via Scobleizer). A few candidates, and why they might be cooler:
- Social Media Kraken: ever see a starfish attack a submarine or a sperm whale? didn’t think so.
- Social media shark: your blog is a shark- it must keep moving, or it dies.
- Social media sasquatch: just thinking of those crazy beef jerky ads with the idiots (trolls) who torture the sasquatch (blogger), who actually never inflivcts any real harm
- Social media unicorn: because the stuff we can;t do yet is always the coolest.
Guess we’ll have to give this some more thought
*photo via Icanhasheezburger
2 Responses to “Social Media Top 5: I Can Hasbro? edition”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Subscribe by email