A new round of the Social Media items of interest, fun-poking (not the Facebook kind), and totally made-up stories:
- Snow catches Northeast US by surprise, once again for reasons beyond comprehension. New horrors: blogging Social Media nerds (ok, guilty!), including Toe-Twittering in Traffic (say that three times fast).
- Who needs a blow-up doll when Amanda Chapel is your new girlfriend? On Media Bullseye, Chip Griffin, sick of the elitist sniping by the social media self-appointed, writes an article that… sets off a round of elitist sniping by the social media self-appointed.
- A kinder, gentler, Denial-of-Service Attack. Jeremiah Owyang floods Twitter with people who actually want to use it. Rather than crashing under the weight, Twitter’s servers politely schedule a crash for Saturday, December 15. Very thoughtful.
- Le Web 3 conference: Laura “Pistachio” Fitton compares the social manners of Parisians with those of Web-entrepreneur Jason Calacanis. Data still in review. (Jason does know how to say “Thank you” in at least three languages).
- Radiohead: The Lucy Van Pelt of the music industry